BOLTON ABBEY VILLAGE HALL HIRING AGREEMENT
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, please contact the Booking Secretary for further clarification.
- At the start of hiring, the Caretaker or by arrangement, will open the hall and will be available to meet the Hirer.
- The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining all licences that may be needed for the sale of intoxicating liquor and for the observance of the same and of all other regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Fire Authority, the Local Authority, the local Magistrates Court or otherwise.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee against the cost of repair of any damage done to the fabric or its contents during the hiring.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
- At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, especially the kitchen area, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
- No additional electrical equipment should be brought into the Hall without prior authority of the Management Committee and the responsibility for the safety of that equipment lies with the Hirer. This rule also applies to non-electrical heating appliances.
- At the end of the period of hire, security of the hall must be arranged between the Hirer and the Caretaker.
- The maximum occupancy of the Hall is 140 persons.